Monday, March 26, 2012

Acceptance

For an update about if I was going to transfer or not. I am officially a Ferrum Panther and also a cheerleader for the school. Along with great news also comes some bad news. I will be unemployed during school next year because between school and cheerleading, I could not maintain a job.

This came to me as a shock for someone who has worked since I was legally allowed to. I'm not sure if this will be an easy transition. This also got me to wonder about student loans since I will not be able to cover what scholarships and grants do not.

In the project student debt, this blog goes over how students should avoid taking about private loans because they are much risker then talking out a private loan. Private loans are the safest bet because they do not change over time and also have guaranteed protections.

In another blog by Department of Consumer Affairs, it also covers about shopping around with loans and taking the right loan for you. Avoid taking a loan that is much more then you actually need. In the end, it can leave you in more debt then you need to be.

Another great idea for college expenses is FASFA. This gives out grants, which do not need to be repaid upon graduation, and loans.

Even though college can be very expensive, There are many options when it comes to covering the expenses.

1 comment:

  1. Think about expanding on some of the details here. What's a Ferrum Panther? (I have no idea.) I don't quite understand the first paragraph. You might need to go into more detail. You might transfer where? Why would you prioritize cheerleading over work (is there a career or networking value in it that equates to the potential loss of a job?)

    ReplyDelete