Monday, April 9, 2012

Being Cheap

A few weeks ago I talked about coupons and how beneficial they really are. I finally decided to try using them myself. Recently both Cheeseburger in Paradise and Ruby Tuesdays sent me $10 off coupons for meals.

I decided to go to Cheeseburger in Paradise as a treat to myself and my meal with a drink and tip only cost me around $5. It was such a relief to be able to still go out to eat without worrying about paying too much.

Another thing I have learned is that PTOs at schools will give out coupons or gift cards if you carefully read their news letter. Springwoods Elementary gave $15 off at On the Border. This coupon from the school had no exclusions or restrictions.

There are so many websites you can use to get coupons for free such as Smartsource.comcoupons.com, and also for restaurants check out restaurant.com.

This websites are free and can easily save you money without any effort. My favorite would have to be restaurant.com because they have specials where you can get $25 gift cards for only $10.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is interesting information, certainly. We all like to go out and eat. But in the long run, when dealing with a big financial crisis like unemployment, eating out adds up, right?

    Add some analysis here: and I know researchers have touched on the topic. Do "coupons" compel people to actually go out and spend when they wouldn't otherwise? What's the psychology of couponing?

    ReplyDelete