Monday, January 30, 2012

Help Wanted

It seems everywhere I go, businesses are always in need of help. This really made me wonder, if so many places are in dire need of employees, why can't my father find a job? 


This probably is the most frustrating time in my life now because I have been the one taking my father to interviews or printing off his resumes. It really does tear a person down when they become unemployed. In the past year, I have watched my fathers personality and behaviors change drastically. 


Therefore I have decided to research some statistics on depression and unemployment and if they are connected in any way possible. 


After looking through Unemployment Depression's blog, I realized that depression can affect the unemployed after a certain amount of time being unemployed. From watching my father, I can tell he feels like he has lost control. He as a man is supposed to be the provider and in a way become discouraged. 


This blog also gave tips to finding a job, even though with today's economy I truly have my doubts with finding a stable job. This blog also gives tips on how to lift yourself from the depression that can come along with unemployment. This blog seems that it can be very helpful and beneficial to someone who seems helpless and uncertain about where life may be taking them.


I'm very curious to see how people feel about depression and unemployment being linked together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment