Monday, February 6, 2012

Way To Save

The economy is tight and almost everyone is finding ways adjusting to these changes. Including unemployment, providing the basic needs can be challenging. With my family, I constantly worry about if we can even afford rent or bills. Week after week I have tried to offer to pay for a bill or groceries. Every time I ask, the answer is always no. This is why I decided to find ways for me to be smart with my money and spend less.

Therefore I decided to list things I'm cutting back on:

1. Limit eating out to once a week, This even includes snacks at campus. I figured that would be unneeded spending considering I can simply bring a snack from home.

2. Limit clothes shopping to basic needs and not wants. Of course I will always want more then I have, most people are similar in that sense.

3. Find alternative ways to getting around. Gas prices have become a tad bit too expensive for meaningless drives.

4. Instead of going out to the movies, rent a movie from Redbox, Blockbuster or even a movie you have within your household.

5. Drinking less soda and Starbucks. I am definitely a caffeine addict and unfortunately I do get horrible headaches when I do not obtain caffeine but for the sake of saving over $20 a week, I feel this is a much needed cut back.

Even though I work two jobs, I beginning that saving my money is one of the smartest decisions. I say this because I never know when I could be laid off or fired from a job. And the uncertainty of this economy is the only motivation I need because my family's current situation.

Advice on saving and cutbacks was taken from 101 Ways To Save Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment